Safe Environment Program
The Catholic Diocese of Richmond is committed to ensuring that diocesan institutions and ministries provide a safe and nurturing environment for children, young people and vulnerable individuals. The mission of the diocese Safe Environment Program is to create a safe environment incorporating the standards as outlined in the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time designated to raise awareness about the role everyone can play in keeping children safe. Let's celebrate the protection of our most valuable gift from God- our children!
10-YEAR REPORT ON THE CHARTER FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Report says that "..there has been striking improvement in the Church's response to and treatment of victims."
2013 Annual Report- Report on the Implementation of the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People
- Help to Victims of Abuse (Web Form)
- Diocesan Safe Environment Regulations (English) (Spanish)
- Safe Environment Acknowledgement Form
- Virtus Website
- Diocesan Training Sessions (English) (Spanish)
- Volunteer Background Screening and Safe Environment Training Requirements (English) (Spanish)
- Victim Assistance Coordinators (English) (Spanish)
- How to Report (English) (Spanish)
- Virginia Department of Social Services-Child Protective Services
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- USCCB Website
Abuse of Minors: The Church's Response (Vatican website)
Check out these articles on Child Abuse Prevention
Recognizing Child Abuse
Technology Safety Through the Eyes of Faith- New 9/17/2013
Prayer for Healing of Victims (English) (Spanish)
Child Abuse Prevention Prayer