Congratulations to Charlottesville Catholic School for receiving the 2014 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award.
Segura Education Initiative
The Office of Catholic Education has received a three year grant for $150,000 to support the Segura Initiative from the Catholic Campaign for Human development of the USCCB . The monies will be used to fund an additional field person to assist with recruitment and retention of Latino children in Catholic Schools. The program, which began in 2010 with 13 students, expects to have over 200 students when the 2014 school year begins. The Segura Initiative provides scholarships and support for Latino children in Catholic schools.
Diocese's McMahon Parater Foundation Is a Leader in Virginia's New Scholarship Tax Credits Program click here to read Press Release
All of our schools are accredited by the AdvancEd and the Virginia Catholic Education Association. In fact, we were the first Catholic diocese to be designated a Catholic school system by AdvancEd as a result of our schools’ high standards and commitment to continuous improvement.
Most importantly, our Catholic schools provide an atmosphere in which students are nurtured in faith, based on Gospel values, and where morality, integrity and habits of service to others are engendered.
Important facts about the Diocese of Richmond Catholic Schools
- Christ-centered curriculum
- Exceptional scores on nationally-normed standardized tests, including SATs
- Nearly perfect graduation and college attendance rates
- $22+ Million in scholarships awarded to the 408 graduates of Catholic high schools in 2014
- 13 Blue Ribbon schools of Excellence designations
- Needs-based Diocesan scholarships totaling over $2.3 million awarded to current students for the 2014-2015 school year
While our schools are uniquely Catholic, they welcome children of all faiths.